JOB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
East Boston Main Streets (EBMS) seeks a dynamic and creative leader to provide strategic leadership and dayto-day management for a neighborhood based economic development nonprofit organization.
The Executive Director will provide development support, resources and information to businesses, residents, and neighborhood groups and associations and to work with key stakeholders and municipal agencies to help grow and maintain the economic vitality of the commercial and residential neighborhoods around Maverick Square and Central Square in East Boston.
The mission of EBMS is to foster an inclusive community that supports the growth and well-being of our small business community and the residents of East Boston. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we bring together local volunteers, businesses and public agencies to strengthen East Boston’s economic vitality, physical appearance and unique local character. EBMS follows the National Main Street Program’s four-point approach. The Board of Directors relies on the executive director as the only full-time employee. The organization is financially sound and benefits from a vibrant core of active volunteer business and community leaders.
Provide EBMS’s core portfolio of services to current district businesses
Manage up to EBMS volunteer Board of Directors on strategic planning and organizational priorities
Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with businesses, neighborhood organizations, municipal agencies, and other key stakeholders related to the commercial and residential neighborhoods around Maverick Square and Central Square.
Fundraising and Communication
Develop and execute organizational fundraising efforts including a yearly “Taste of Eastie” event
Serve as the organization’s point of contact to the media
Manage the organization’s website and social media channels
Develop and distribute organizational and district promotional materials
Organize outreach campaigns to neighborhood businesses and stakeholders
Manage the EBMS office including, data systems, purchasing, record keeping, budgeting, volunteers and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years experience in one or more of the following areas: community organizing, business/economic development, government relations, city/urban planning
- Conversational Spanish required; fluency preferred
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit fundraising via grant writing and resource development
- Self-motivated and independent worker; strong ability to manage up and sideways
- Strong competency in use of Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps related tools to aid in data and account management, communication and marketing
- Ability to accommodate a demanding yet flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends for neighborhood or community meetings
- Experience in event planning and familiarity with the East Boston neighborhood a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail a resume and cover letter:
ED Search Committee EBMSjobsearch2019@gmail.com
Applications accepted on a rolling basis EBMS is an equal opportunity employer